High-purity Chemical Business
Leading-Edge Technology Supported by Pursuing the Possibilities of Fluorine
Atomic number: 9 , Chemical symbol: F. With its extremely high reactivity, fluorine has created a wide variety of chemical compounds and is at work in all industrial fields. Stella Chemifa took sight of its functionality at an early stage and has expanded the possibilies for fluorine, while developing a large number of our own technologies for fluorine.
Our company's main businesses, those related to semiconductors and liquid crystals has been involved with chemical liquids for etching and similar items used in the manufacturing processes for semiconductors and liquid crystals. Incorporated into every type of electronic device, the market for semiconductors still continues to expand even today. Our ultra-high purity hydrofluoric acid, indispensable in their manufacturing processes, is highly evaluated by semiconductor manufacturers, not only in Japan but around the world.
Our Battery-Related Business manufactures electrolytes for lithium-ion secondary batteries and additives that improve battery performance. Widely used with mobile phones, notebook computers and other digital tools in today's modern age, demand in the battery field is expected to increase even further with the use of EVs (electric vehicles) with the anticipated expansion of their market.
Our Surface Treatment-Related Business produces chemical liquids used in acid washing of stainless steel and making liquid crystal displays thinner. Along with the development and popularity of mobile tools, the need to make liquid crystal displays thinner has intensified. There has also been a recent increase in the demand for hydrofluoric acid with its ability to dissolve glass.
In addition, our fluorine compounds are indispensable in the manufacturing processes for products in a broad variety of fields as raw materials for fluorine resin, catalysts during the intermediate manufacturing of pharmaceutical products, as well as ingredients in toothpaste. In anticipation of their expanding application, we are conducting research and development activities and pioneering new markets.
- Products related to Semiconductors, Liquid Crystals
- We provide chemical liquids for etching which are absolutely necessary in the manufacturing processes for semiconductors and liquid crystal panels, earning us the world's top market share.
- Products related to Batteries
- We were the first in the industry to bring to market electrolytes that are the main raw materials composing lithium-ion secondary batteries. They are also used in high-performance lithium-ion secondary batteries for their high purity.
- Products related to Surface Treatment
- "Slimming" is the process of making smartphones, tablet devices and other digital information devices thinner and more lightweight. Surface treatment-related technology contributes to the functionality and technology for hydrofluoric acid which is required in large quantities for this process.